Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Dr. Tom Eisenmann is a Professor at Harvard. His focus is on Business Administration, and he is also a Faculty Co-Chair of the HBS Rock Center for Entrepreneurship. He has made significant research contributions to topics surrounding tech and entrepreneurship. His new book, Why Startups Fail: A New Roadmap for Entrepreneurial Success comes out on the 30th of March, 2020. Preorder today: https://www.amazon.com/Why-Startups-Fail-Roadmap-Entrepreneurial/dp/0593137027/
Tune in to this episode for to get a sneak peak on his findings. Learn why startups fail, and what you can do to avoid it.
- 00:00:49 Introduction of Mark Thomann
- 00:07:23 Why is he interested in entrepreneurship?
- 00:10:34 Why do startups fail?
- 00:20:02 First startup that triggered what he is working on now
- 00:31:30 Chapters of Why do startups fail
- 00:39:33 Following plans and models
- 00:43:52 Having the right opportunities
- 00:49:57 VC and funding new startups
- 00:57:52 End of discussion