Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This week we are thrilled to have Tyler Menezes on our show.
Tyler Menezes is the Executive Director of CodeDay, a company that aims to increase diverse Computer Science enrollment worldwide. He runs events to inspire low-income and underrepresented students to fall in love with coding in over 50+ cities. He is also recognized as one of Forbes Magazine’s 30 under 30.
Tune in to this weeks’ episode to learn more about insights on how to strive for excellence.
- 00:00:54 Introduction of Tyler Menezes
- 00:01:46 Values he live by
- 00:05:17 Throwing it back to life journey
- 00:11:30 Influence of accomplishments
- 00:18:15 Major lessons learned leading to next chapter in his life
- 00:27:21 Lessons learned from beginning of CodeDay
- 00:29:43 Advice on concepts to become more efficient
- 00:38:37 Motivation to move forward
- 00:41:46 Significance of representation in Computer Science
- 00:44:27 End of discussion