This week we are thrilled to feature Dan Shapiro on our podcast.
Dan Shapiro is the CEO and Co-founder of Glowforge. Glowforge is a tech company that has created a 3D laser printer where designers have now used their Glowforge printers to create millions of products. Earlier in his career, before founding Glowforge, Dan launched the best-selling board game in Kickstarter history, Robot Turtles. In addition, he was the CEO of Google Comparison Inc and the CEO of Photobucket Inc. Dan also holds a dozen US patents and is the author of Hot Seat: The Startup CEO Guidebook, published by O’Reilly.
Tune into this week’s episode to learn more about the power of creation.
- 00:01:15 Introduction of Dan Shapiro
- 00:09:00 Process of starting Glowforge
- 00:14:56 Glowforge to the end-user
- 00:21:07 Development of Glowforge
- 00:32:03 Growth building startups
- 00:40:44 Advice to a first-time entrepreneur
- 00:44:53 Closing note to listeners
- 00:46:28 End of discussion