This week we are thrilled to feature Dr. Zachary Burton on our podcast.
Dr. Zachary Burton is the Co-Founder and the Executive Director of The Manic Monologues that aims at breaking down stigma by highlighting stories of mental health at the forefront through theatre and film. The Manic Monologues has been highlighted and featured by The Washington Post, The New York Times, NPR, Fast Company, and many more. Dr. Zachary Burton is also a board member of the Coalition for Action for Preventive Mental Health in Kenya, the Columbia-WHO Center for Global Mental Health, Advisory Committee Member to Generation Mental Health with many other prominent roles.
He earned his Ph.D. from Stanford and has worked for NASA, the U.S. Department of Energy, and a Fortune 500 energy producer. His written work has also been published by Devex, the United Nations, The Wall Street Journal, and several other scientific journals. He has also been invited to speak for TedX and has received many other prestigious speaker invitations for his work.
Tune into this week’s episode to learn more about initiating conversations on what matters.
- 00:01:10 Introduction of Dr. Zachary Burton
- 00:08:51 Founding The Manic Monologues
- 00:17:27 Purpose of The Manic Monologues
- 00:25:36 Experience with Bipolar Disorder and Psychosis
- 00:36:13 Suggestions on Questioning
- 00:39:00 Journey from the beginning
- 00:49:36 Closing note to listeners
- 00:53:03 End of discussion