Dr. Gad Allon is a Professor of Operations and Decisions, at the Wharton School of Business. Recently, Dr. Allon has done some fascinating work looking at gig economies, as well as information and competition models. His articles have appeared in leading journals, including Management Science, Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, and Operations Research.
Tune in this week to hear about how the gig-economy will evolve in a post COVID world, why supply chains probably won’t change much, and how we can become more resilient to black swan events.
- 00:00:34 Introduction of Dr Gad Allon
- 00:08:45 Covid and its impact on incentivising employees
- 00:13:21 How can companies change their compensation models to better protect workers?
- 00:23:12 Nothing in the supply chains will change after Covid
- 00:34:10 How Covid-19 will impact the local and world economies in the short term and long term
- 00:37:45 End of discussion