Dr. Cynthia Lucas Hewitt is a Professor of Sociology, and Faculty of the African American Studies Program at Morehouse College. She is Director of the International Comparative Labor Studies program. Dr. Hewitt’s current research includes the impact of different authority structures on social well-being; and labor market outcomes of racial and ethnic inequality in the US. Dr. Hewitt is also a Kettering Foundation Whisenton Public Scholar.
Tune in to hear about how BLM and other movements have progressed over the last century, and their role in shaping the future.
- 00:00:38 Introduction of Dr Cynthia Hewitt
- 00:08:33 Racial discrimination then and now
- 00:13:25 Current era of criminal justice
- 00:15:52 Disbanding police departments
- 00:25:56 Most effective ways of addressing police brutality
- 00:30:42 Her advice to youngsters who want to bring injustices to light
- 00:34:22 Anjalee’s thoughts on Black Lives Matter
- 00:36:50 End of discussion