by Anjalee Narenthiren | Jul 8, 2020 | Entrepreneurship, Future Predictions, Technology
Professor Aulet is the Managing Director of the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship and Professor at the MIT Sloan School of Management. He is an award-winning educator and author whose current work is built off his successful 25-year business career. During this time, he created hundreds of millions of dollars of shareholder value through his companies.
His acclaimed book, Disciplined Entrepreneurship (2017), has been translated into 18+ languages.
Tune in to hear how Prof. Aulet developed the principals in his book, how they have held up, and how young entrepreneurs can become “antifragile.”
- 00:00:37 Introduction of Professor Bill Aulet
- 00:01:50 His experiences as an entrepreneur
- 00:08:43 His most successful startup
- 00:15:47 Disciplined Entrepreneurship
- 00:18:31 When should you look for a Co-founder?
- 00:20:54 How Covid impacts how businesses are done
- 00:26:05 End of discussion
by Anjalee Narenthiren | Jul 1, 2020 | Entrepreneurship, Future Predictions, Technology
Neil Wainwright is a serial entrepreneur who has built over 8 successful startups over the past three decades. Currently, he is the CEO and Founder of UpHabit, as well as an Associate at the Rotman Creative Destruction Lab, and a Peerscale Board Member. His current company, UpHabit, is a new mobile-first venture that is helping people develop, build and nurture deeper personal relationships.
Tune in to hear Neil’s biggest takeaways from his eight startups, his advice on how to minimize stress as a founder, and everything else about entrepreneurship!
Want one-on-one advice from Neil? Book a time on his calendar: https://calendly.com/neil-wainwright
- 00:00:30 Introduction of Neil Wainwright
- 00:05:45 How his Engineering background helped him in entrepreneurship
- 00:07:03 Biggest lessons he has come across
- 00:07:59 When is the right time to let go?
- 00:09:28 Change in approach to leadership and entrepreneurship
- 00:11:15 Times when he buckled down
- 00:15:24 Current projects he’s working on
- 00:20:01 How Covid has impacted his work
- 00:22:07 How does Working From Home impact people?
- 00:24:28 How has the concept of the business developed over the years?
- 00:26:37 Pursuing many ventures over the decades
- 00:28:45 Co-founders of his ventures
- 00:32:51 End of discussion
by Anjalee Narenthiren | Jun 24, 2020 | Entrepreneurship, Future Predictions, Technology
Dr. Amy Yeboah is an Assistant Professor of Africana Studies at Howard University. Currently, she teaches courses on Black Film, Education, and Gender. In addition to being invited to speak on shows like PBS NewsHour, Professor Yeboah has been published in journals like Mosaic Magazine; the CLA Journal, and more.
Join us this week as we discuss police brutality, anti-black racism, and how you can help push for reform.
- 00:00:30 Introduction of Dr. Amy Yeboah
- 00:01:08 Black Lives Matter movement
- 00:12:45 Pushing meaningful change
- 00:28:18 Defunding the police and restructuring the law enforcement agencies
- 00:34:30 Enslavement and Racism
- 00:38:33 Pushing the conversations
- 00:44:48 End of discussion
by Anjalee Narenthiren | Jun 17, 2020 | Entrepreneurship, Future Predictions, Technology
Steve Woods is a serial entrepreneur who co-founded Nudge.ai, a relationship intelligence platform that helps drive sales, and Eloqua, a company that was acquired by Oracle in 2012.
He is also the author of the book “Digital Body Language.”
Join us this week to hear how Steve built two largely successful startups, the lessons he has learned along the way, and his predictions for the future.
- 00:00:34 Introduction of Steve Woods
- 00:04:43 Biggest takeaways from his experiences
- 00:08:17 Eloqua and lessons learnt
- 00:22:26 Emerging opportunities post Covid-19
- 00:34:34 End of discussion
by Anjalee Narenthiren | Jun 10, 2020 | Entrepreneurship, Future Predictions, Technology
Joel Lessem is the CEO and Founder of Firmex, an industry leader in the virtual data room software category. Tens of thousands of organizations use Firmex’s VDR SaaS software, and under his leadership, Firmex is rapidly becoming a standard for sharing large volumes of highly confidential documents.
Tune in to hear how Joel built businesses that thrived through the last two recessions, and how he is leading his company through this pandemic.
- 00:00:15 Introduction of Joel Lessem
- 00:00:43 Firmex and what it does
- 00:01:59 How being involved with multiple startups helped him grow
- 00:07:21 Becoming the CEO
- 00:11:04 Confidence to jump in and go forward
- 00:20:42 Strategy to face pandemics better
- 00:24:45 End of discussion
by Anjalee Narenthiren | Jun 3, 2020 | Entrepreneurship, Future Predictions, Technology
Jason Braverman is the CTO at SkyX Systems, a company that is revolutionizing the way we manage long-range assets. SkyX (www.skyx.com) integrates AI with custom-built drone systems to accumulate and analyze data on assets like pipelines, railways, and more. Their long-range drones are able to collect comprehensive data on assets that would normally take humans days to check.
In this episode, Jason discusses the exciting future that SkyX is building, and how the SpaceX ISS launch makes him confident that it won’t be long before privately built Unmanned Aerial Vehicles will change the way that we live. The future of UAV looks thrilling and I can’t wait for you to join us on this ride!
- 00:00:27 Introduction of Jason Braverman
- 00:02:41 How systems works at SkyX
- 00:08:47 What’s stopping the customers from altering to SkyX
- 00:19:55 Autonomy and fear related to cars
- 00:23:30 How Covid impacts UAV development in the short and long term
- 00:33:25 End of discussion