Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This week we are thrilled to feature Anant Bhardwaj on our podcast.
Anant Bhardwaj is the Founder and CEO of Instabase, the horizontal application platform that employs deep learning to solve unstructured data problems. It has reimagined how businesses build, run and share software applications, changing how they operate. Under Anant’s leadership, Instabase raised $130 million in funding and reached unicorn status just four years after launching in 2015.
While working on his Ph.D. at MIT, Anant realized businesses needed one horizontal platform where enterprise applications could be easily created and used. To solve this, he built a platform, now Instabase, that enterprises such as Standard Chartered began to test building applications on. Today, Bhardwaj’s Instabase is a trusted platform used by top financial and insurance companies, including customers like NatWest, Standard Chartered, and Gusto to automate complex business processes from processing the largest volume of paycheck protection loans in the country to automating the entire insurance claims process.
Tune into this week’s episode to learn more about building the underlying foundation.
- 00:01:15 Introduction of Anant Bhardwaj
- 00:06:40 Establishing the Foundation
- 00:11:26 Growth of Instabase
- 00:16:59 Finding the product market
- 00:21:19 Instilling being experimental
- 00:29:14 Dealing with customers
- 00:34:52 Accepting Rejections
- 00:36:55 Vision as a founder
- 00:44:07 Teachings and lessons
- 00:48:34 End of Discussion